- Published: 06 August 2019
Forbes Burnham and education
Forbes Burnham, Guyana’s first Prime Minister and Executive President and founder and leader of the People’s National Congress, is remembered for his peerless contribution to national development. Today, above all, we recall his achievements in the field of…
- Published: 29 July 2019
Integrity, impartiality and independence
The Constitution of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana [at Article 161(1)], provides for the establishment of an Elections Commission. It states:
There shall be an Elections Commission for Guyana consisting of a Chairman, who shall be a full-time Chairman and…
- Published: 15 July 2019
The importance of hinterland education
Guyana’s ‘hinterland’ – comprising the greater part of the Barima-Waini; Cuyuni-Mazaruni; Potaro-Siparuni and Rupununi and some parts of the East Berbice-Corentyne Regions – occupies over three quarters of our country.
- Published: 17 July 2019
Excellency, I am pleased to accept the Letters of Credence, accrediting you as the non- resident Ambassador of the State of Japan. I congratulate you on your appointment and welcome you warmly to the Cooperative Republic of Guyana.
I ask also that you convey to His Imperial Majesty Naruhito, Emperor…
- Published: 12 July 2019
USA National Day 2019
The Cooperative Republic of Guyana extends congratulations to the government and people of the United State of America on the occasion of the 243rd anniversary of its Declaration of Independence.
Guyana and the United States have enjoyed excellent relations since the…
- Address of His Excellency Brigadier David Granger, President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, following the Consequential Orders issued by the Caribbean Court of Justice 2019.07. 12
- Address by His Excellency Brigadier David Granger President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana 2019.07. 09
- Address of His Excellency Brigadier David Granger President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana at the 180th anniversary of the All Saints Anglican Church 2019.06.30
- Address of His Excellency Brigadier David Granger, President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, at the Presentation of Instruments of Commission Ceremony for the Standard Officers’ Course No. 50 and the Reserve Officers’ Course No.16 2019.06.27