- Published: 24 January 2019
Deterrence, defence and development
The Guyana Defence Force moved swiftly to suppress the rebellion that erupted fifty years ago on 2nd January 1969 in the Rupununi District ― a zone in the south-west of the country of nearly 58,000 km² – larger than Costa Rica – that zone is over a…
- Published: 10 January 2019
The public good and public trust
First, I must welcome you to State House. I think this might be the first time that the Annual Police Officers’ Conference is being held here. I’ll see you here again next year and I must wish you all a Happy New Year.
This is a special year for the Guyana…
- Published: 06 November 2018
President David Granger: Well, you don’t know how long I have dreamt of this day, that all four hinterland villages would one day become towns, and today the 25th of October, this is a dream come true. You know, if you look at your programme you will see two small photographs and you might…
- Published: 01 January 2019
Year of consolidation
I wish you a happy, healthy and hopeful New Year, 2019!
Your government starts the year by recommitting to consolidating Guyana as a safe society with a stable economy and strong parliamentary democracy. The Constitution is supreme.
All citizens could expect…
- Published: 18 October 2018
The future is bright
It is my honour, in the exercise of my privilege enshrined in the Constitution of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, as stated by the Speaker, to address you today as I have done at the commencement of every new session of the National Assembly. The Constitution, at Article 67…
- Address of His Excellency Brigadier David Granger, President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, to the National Assembly October 18, 2018
- Transcript of the address of His Excellency Brigadier David Granger, President of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana, at a community meeting in Rose Hall Town, East Berbice-Corentyne (Region Six) October 12, 2018
- Transcript of the address of His Excellency Brigadier David Granger, President of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana, at a community meeting in Anna Regina, Pomeroon-Supenaam (Region Two) October 8, 2018
- Address of His Excellency Brigadier David Granger, President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, at the Accreditation Ceremony of His Excellency Alhaji Hassan Jika Ardo, High Commissioner of the Federal Republic of Nigeria October 10, 2018