- Published: 14 February 2018
Georgetown, Guyana — (February 14, 2018) A four-person team from the General Registrar’s Office (GRO), which falls under the purview of the Ministry of Citizenship, guided by Member of Parliament, Mr. Richard Allen and assisted by local community leaders, registered over 170 Guyanese for…
- Published: 20 March 2017
Georgetown, Guyana – (March 20, 2017) Minister of Citizenship, Mr. Winston Felix, today, urged Immigration Officers of the Guyana Immigration Department to let professionalism, courtesy and efficiency become their watchwords, as the Risk and Liaison Overseas Network (RALON) Border Awareness…
- Published: 16 August 2016
Georgetown, Guyana – (August 16, 2016) A Passport Office was today opened in Linden, Upper Demerara-Berbice (Region Ten), in keeping with Government’s policy of decentralising such services across al the regions of the country.
Minister of Citizenship, Mr. Winston Felix, announced the…
- Published: 15 October 2016
Georgetown, Guyana – (October 15, 2016) Minister of Citizenship, Mr. Winston Felix has said that a full investigation has been launched to determine the circumstances under which convicted drug lord Mr. Barry Dataram and his reputed wife, Ms. Anjanie Boodnarine were issued fake passports and…
- Published: 15 July 2016
Georgetown, Guyana – (July 14, 2016) The Civil Defence Commission (CDC) and Minister of Citizenship, today, distributed hampers valued $9M to 851 West Coast Berbice, Mahaica-Berbice Region households, which had been affected by flooding early last month.
A team comprised of CDC Chairman…
- Ministry of Citizenship moving ahead with decentralisation plans - as GRO works on accomplishing 100 percent birth registrations
- No increase in passport fees- Minister Felix
- Citizenship Ministry necessary to revamp broken system - Minister Felix
- Government to crackdown on negligent airlines as attempted illegal entry numbers increase