- Published: 14 January 2019
Georgetown, Guyana – (January 14, 2019) Minister of Citizenship, Mr. Winston Felix, today, said that the building to house the migrant support centre in the Pomeroon-Supenaam Region, (Region Two) was identified by newly appointed Regional Executive Officer (REO), Mr. Denis Jaikarran.
- Published: 07 January 2019
Georgetown, Guyana – (January 7, 2019) The National Multi-Sectoral Coordinating Committee, today, convened its first meeting for 2019 during which it was announced that a two-storey building has been identified by the Regional Administration of Pomeroon-Supenaam Region (Region Two) that will…
- Published: 11 December 2018
Georgetown, Guyana – (December 11, 2018) Minister of Citizenship, Mr. Winston Felix is currently representing Guyana at the Inter-governmental Conference in Marrakesh, Morocco to formally adopt the International Community's first Global Compact for Migration, as agreed by the Member States of the…
- Published: 17 December 2018
Georgetown, Guyana – (December 17, 2018) The National Multi-Sectoral Coordinating Committee, today, convened its last meeting for 2018, as the Government, with the support of its international partners, continues to manage the influx of Venezuelan migrants and make provisions accordingly.
- Published: 10 October 2018
Georgetown, Guyana – (October 9, 2018) As the Government of Guyana continues to work with its international partners to support Venezuelan migrants, the Ministry of Social Protection will be training a group of officers from the Departments of Citizenship and Immigration to arrest human…
- Three new passport offices to be up and running by the end of 2019 -Minister Felix
- National efforts to support Venezuelan migrants continue
- Settlement plan for Venezuelan migrants still under consideration at Dept. of Citizenship
- Public officers undergo training in best practice to deal with Venezuelan migrants