MINISTRY OF THE PRESIDENCY
DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL)
GUYANA PETROLEUM RESOURCES GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT PROJECT (GPRGMP)
PROJECT ID NO.: P166730
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR OIL AND GAS ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
REFERENCE NO.: GPRGMP/IC/2019/06
The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana (GCRG) has applied for financing in the amount of US$20Million equivalent from the World Bank (WB) toward the cost of the Guyana Petroleum Resources Governance and Management Project (GPRGMP) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payment for Consultancy Services for Oil and Gas Accounting Specialist.
The Consultant for Oil and Gas Accounting will be responsible for providing advisory services and technical support towards the establishment of cost recovery accounting in the Department of Energy (DE) within the Ministry of the Presidency (MotP).
The Oil and Gas Accounting Consultant is expected to work through the Project life of four (4) years, but on an agreed time-based contract for the first year. Further Contract(s) for the total period of the project life, if his/her performance is deemed satisfactory, will be on an agreement basis.
The Oil and Gas Accounting Consultant should have the following qualifications:
1. At least twenty (20) years’ accounting experience in the oil and gas industry including extensive experience with cost recovery audits of International Oil Companies operating under a PSA regime, coventurer audits, procurement, company audits.
2. Have a broad understanding of development costing and cost recovery.
3. Experience and ability to advise on the following topics:
a. Cost Recovery in the oil and gas sector: experience (from within five years preceding the date of the Consultant’s application) of advising sovereign governments on Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) cost recovery audits.
b. Cost Recovery Dispute Resolution: experience (from within five years preceding the date of the Consultant’s application) of advising sovereign governments on the resolution of disputes arising from contested cost recovery audits.
4. Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or relevant discipline.
5. Excellent drafting ability and presentation and communication skills, both oral and written in English; ability to explain complex technical issues.
6. Excellent organizational and management skills and ability to complete deliverables in an efficient and timely manner.
7. Good understanding of the requirements of the consultancy, ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The GPRGMP now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, including their curriculum vitae, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, and clients’ references.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (published by the Association in September 2016), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A copy of the Terms of Reference (TOR) or further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0900hrs to 1600hrs. The Terms of Reference can be viewed on the Ministry of the Presidency’s website: https://motp.gov.gy
Expressions of interest, together with CV’s and other documents, may be sent by mail, e-mail, or fax and must be delivered to the address below by Tuesday April 30, 2019.
Ministry of the Presidency, Department of Energy
Guyana Petroleum Resources Governance and Management Project
Attn: Ms. Joanna Simmons, Project Coordinator
Shiv Chanderpaul Drive, Georgetown Guyana