MINISTRY OF THE PRESIDENCY
DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL)
GUYANA PETROLEUM RESOURCES GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT PROJECT (GPRGMP)
PROJECT ID NO.: P166730
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A WEBSITE FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, MINISTRY OF THE PRESIDENCY
REFERENCE NO.: GPRGMP/CQS/2019/01
The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana (GCRG) has applied for financing in the amount of US$20Million equivalent from the World Bank (WB) toward the cost of the Guyana Petroleum Resources Governance and Management Project (GPRGMP) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds as payment for Consultancy Services for Development of Website for the Department of Energy, Ministry of Presidency.
The Consultant will be responsible for providing advisory services and technical services to the Government of Guyana, through the Department of Energy under the Ministry of the Presidency to design, develop and deploy a modern, visually appealing, interactive, user-friendly, and informative website to promote transparency and educate the general public and stakeholders about the facts, trends, and operations within the energy sector in Guyana.
The duration of the assignment is expected to be six (6) months.
The Consultant for the Development of Website for the Department of Energy should have the following expected experience and required qualifications:
1. To be eligible for the assignment, the Consultant must be a firm with demonstrable experience in graphics, design-scenario and user experience design, and technical implementation of interactive public facing websites using ECM technologies. Candidates are expected to provide a portfolio, including but not limited to, deployed products and achievements.
2. Technical Skills / Expertise and Information Requirements
• Proven understanding of the concepts of design scenario approach, user experience, user interface design principles and conceptual design measured in years of experience.
• Expert knowledge of the use of web-based technologies, particularly ECM technologies.
• Knowledge of modern industry-standard design tools and techniques, including use of UML and content authoring software.
3. Core Competencies
• User Centered Design Expertise – Ability to understand users' needs and to customise services and products accordingly, in order to provide user-friendly solutions.
• Technological Awareness – Expert knowledge in the field of web design and user experience.
• Expert at XHTML, CSS, JS, Python, SharePoint or equivalent set of technical qualifications.
• Commitment to Continuous Learning – demonstrable evidence of having kept abreast of new developments in the field of web-based technologies, and website and web-based application development.
• Professionalism - Strong knowledge of the field of expertise with good analytical skills, ability to understand complex problems and to design appropriate solutions.
• Communication – Fluency in English with demonstrable spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style.
• Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (published by the Association in September 2016), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. The associations should clearly indicate the form of the association (Joint-venture or sub-consultancy; member in charge; other member/s and or sub-consultants). Joint ventures should submit letters of intent indicating their intent to form a joint venture if awarded the contract and shall provide the above mentioned information for each member of the joint venture.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Consultant Qualifications Selection (CQS) method set out in the procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0900hrs to 1600hrs. The Terms of Reference can be viewed on the Ministry of the Presidency’s website: https://motp.gov.gy/ Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail by Thursday May 16, 2019.
Ministry of the Presidency, Department of Energy
Guyana Petroleum Resources Governance and Management Project
Attn: Ms. Joanna Simmons, Project Coordinator
Shiv Chanderpaul Drive, Georgetown Guyana